DOOBOO

DOOBOO on Swanson St is my go-to whenever I feel like comfort food. It was here that I became hooked on the Korean soft tofu stew, which I usually enjoyed at other Korean BBQ places as a staple side without much thought.  DOOBOO is always busy with people queuing up outside even before the dinner rush.


At only $16.80 for the Signature Soon Tofu, it comes with many sides dishes - the highlight was the fried fish (replacing the grilled fish which although was tastier, had a lot of tiny bones making it difficult to eat). The soup was always the perfect level of spiciness with silky soft tofu, egg, vegetable, spring onion, pork and seafood. There's also a particular way to consume the leftover rice in the metal pot, by adding hot water from the kettle to loosen the remaining crispy grains stuck to the base, creating something akin to a congee. I found the grains were usually too burnt to enjoy.


Looking back at my past eats, DOOBOO's Soon Tofu Stew is definitely the best quality and most delicious put of all the Korean restaurants I have been to to date.

I rate this experience: 4/5


DOOBOO
261 Swanston Street, CBD, Melbourne, VIC, VIC

DOOBOO Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments